I'm Telling You, Twenty-two

 

I wish life could've come with a manual. A guide book that tells you what to do with your life. 

Because clearly I have no idea what I was doing and I kept on failing. Almost gave up.

Let me tell you one thing about your twenties that no one ever talk or care less to tell you.

1) I hope it have come to your realization that you are in fact, ALONE.

It's hard to  hear, I know. There's even some part of you wish that you can deny it but how long can you really do that. Maybe to some people it wasn't such a bad thing but to some, it is agony. Who wants to end up alone in their life? 

I just wish while all this happen, you'll be able to find someone who understood you.

2) The world doesn't always revolved around you.

I hope you knew, people really don't care about what you do or say. They don't pay that much attention to the things you do and to even care if they talk bad about you. Most of the time, they don't. They didn't even realized what you were doing and why you're doing it. And if there are people who does care, it was nonchalant. To be insecure about what others think of you will on offend yourself not the other way around.

3) Somewhere near the clouds, storms are lurking by the corner.

I always got my head stuck in some cloud. It took me some great earthquake to bring my feet back down. (That's another story) And the fall was really really hard and painful. to be brought all the way down to the rock bottom. Always, my friend, prepare yourself for the storm.

4) From many friends to five to none.

How cruel could time really do to someone, or some kid. I hated to accept the fact that so many of us drifted apart from how we were back in our glory days. There are times where I wish I could still holding on by their sleeves, tighten my grip and didn't even realized they were accelerating forward on an opposite direction. The line were thinning and so, I said in defeat. "I have to let this one go too." 

I'm sorry I can't keep up but I always wish you well.

5) Doubt is the foundation of your misery.

At this point in your life, you'll start questioning your past decision. Did I do the right thing? Was it a good idea to do that? If this is what I want, then why am I miserable? The list kept going on and on. You didn't even realized slowly you are tormenting yourself by your own word.

Hey,

hear me out.

You are doing fine. You are where you're meant to be. 

a) Yes. You are alone but that's a way for you to learn to overcome it.

b) Focus on you. Not what others think about you.

c) The only way to walk pass is to get through; you'll be fine. You're strong enough.

d) Keep the memory close. Blessed and pray for them, wherever they are.

e) You are more capable than you realized.

No amount of regret will outdone all the work you have done so far. If you're still breathing and still fighting, you have nothing to worry about. Tis season will end.


 

Comments

Popular Posts